Skip to main content

THE "YEH JAWAANI HE DEEWANI"

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN.....

CHAPTER-5


After getting out of the canteen, Harry went to the parking area of his college. He leaned on his bike and thought for a while. What made him act like this? Why he felt insecure? Many questions ran through his mind. He took his bike and got out of the college. He didn't had a destination, he just wanted to stay away from that place. He could not bare the sight of Jane and John sitting and talking together.

If you ask me, what I feel? I would say that, Harry is overreacting and his over reaction is due to his over expectations. Jane told him that she have no other feelings to Harry rather than friendship, but Harry felt that she will fall for him seeing his caring towards her and his confidence was the belief that he is the only best friend of Jane. We cannot expect that in our life. We can love a person but we cannot own that person. We cannot ask a person to be ours only, its their choice whether we are special for them and if we are, what do they mean by the word "SPECIAL". Harry thought that he is the only special friend in Jane's life. And of course his possessiveness towards her and fear of loosing her to John had played a significant role in his deeds. Let's see what happened afterwards.

When Harry was on his bike, he got a call from Jane, he parked the bike and picked up the call. She asked, what happened to him and why he didn't respond when she called him. Harry wanted to ask her the questions which was running through his mind, but he didn't. He replied that he was in some sort of mental depression and will talk later. The whole day he roamed through the town and didn't attend his class. At that night Jane called him and she asked about the morning's incident and what was the problem. Harry did't give any clear answer so she asked,

"I don't know, if I am right was that me and John that made you walk out of the canteen"?

"No, not at all. Why should I do like that"? Harry again acted with at most brilliance.

"I felt like that" she said

"No, I am not that kind of a person who becomes jealous by seeing a boy and girl together" he said. But his mind was repeatedly asking "dude what are you saying, you are lying". 

"And you are my best friend, how can I doubt you"? he asked

"No, I wasn't saying that you were jealous, but I felt like that, you suddenly went out after seeing us together. That's why I asked"? She replied

"What's wrong if you people are together? Are you people in love?" Harry asked in a very mild tone. His heart was beating so hard that it can be heard through the phone.

"No, not at all" she replied in surprise, " How can you ask like that, since you know that I refused his proposal?" She asked

Harry felt his heart beat and blood pressure becoming normal, a smile appeared on his lips. He said,

"Yeah, I know that you refused, and that's why I thought why you people were together"? "But that doesn't mean, you were the reason for my walking out, I had other personal reasons" Harry added.

"So were you sad seeing us together?" Jane asked.

Harry thought for a while and said 

"Yes, because I feel like you are my best friend and you should spent more time with me, I was a bit tensed with certain problems from the morning itself and I wanted to talk to you, and then you were with John and I got a call with another bad news and it all resulted in my walking out, actually I heard you and my friends calling me, but at that time I wanted to be alone that's why I didn't answer"

Actually he told all the truth mixed with the lies. And he waited for Jane's reply.

She said "Okay, that's fine but you can't be sad seeing us together, you could have come and spoke with me about your problems. That was totally fine even John was there with me. You are my best friend and he is my classmate only. If you wanted to talk, then I would have come with you, Actually Me and John didn't come together to the canteen, I just sat by him since I didn't see anyone else familiar. You could have called me, instead of that you walked out like a looser thinking we were in love. She giggled by saying this.

"No...No, it's not like that" Harry tried to defend.

"Yeah...Yeah... I got you...."she started laughing through the phone. "You know what, me and John were school mates but we never knew each other in the school, yesterday we came to know this through our common friend yesterday she put us in conference call and we spoke a lot. There is nothing else. You are my best friend man, my dearest one"

Hearing these words Harry felt like an ice pack kept inside his brain. All his tensions fled away from his head. Hiding all his happiness, Harry said 

"You have terribly misunderstood me so let's talk tomorrow in person"

"Okay... Okay...."She replied in a teasing tone

Both of them wished good night and hung the phone.

But that night, Jane felt insecure about Harry's growing feelings for her. When Harry said that he was sad seeing her with John, she found it as a sign of possessiveness and she was afraid that, he has fallen in love with her and she might not be able to return that feelings. She decided to disclose her fears once again to Harry in person and hear what he says and then to take a decision regarding this friendship.

At the same night, our hero was sleeping on his bed hugging his pillow as his wife.

When he told me this, I asked him, "why did he confess that he wanted her  to spent more time with him". His answer made me think about banging my phone on the floor and crushing it into pieces. 

He replied me that " In movie Yeh Jawaani Hey Deewani, hero confessed like this when the heroine was seen with another person and there was a similar conversation between the hero and heroine"

I would ask my fellow readers and if there are any lovers, to them also 

"When will you people come out of the fantasy world that the movies have created, they sell us unrealistic scenes for entertainment and many of us try to reprise that in our personal life and we terribly fail. When will we realize the difference between movie and life"

Anyway our hero realized it so soon.

To Be Contd......


 were together in school, he was in another class. And yesterday through our mutual friend we cam

Comments