Skip to main content

THE CHURCH SCENE

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN......

CHAPTER- 6

Next day morning Jane was waiting for Harry at the college, she made her mind to talk with him as open as she can and sort things out. She called Harry but he didn't pick up, but she waited with patience. She in her mind, was planning about their upcoming conversation and the points she should present before him. She was a bit nervous thinking "what Harry's reaction would be"? Will he think that she used him for her benefits and now dumping him after he found some other friends? Will he tell his friends that she is a cheat? While these thoughts were running through her mind, she saw Harry coming through the corridor towards her. He came near her 

"Hey" he said

"Shall we bunk the classes and go somewhere? I have to talk to you about something serious" Jane asked to Harry

Harry's heart skipped a beat, he thought that definitely she is gonna confess her love. His mind yelled "Yaay....... Yeh Jawani Hey Deewani worked man ". But he asked so innocently, "we have classes Jane, why don't we talk here itself"? 

"No, not here, I want to discuss it in detail" she said

"Okay then,let's go" Harry agreed and both of them started walking. When Harry went to the parking to take his bike, Jane suggested to go by bus. Again Harry agreed and they got into the bus. Jane took the tickets and she was silent. Harry was preparing his mind to hear her love confession. She was thinking, how to convey the matter without making him feel bad. They got down the bus and went to a church.Harry broke the silence and asked,

"Why are we here"? he stopped in front of the church.

"Harry hear me carefully" Jane started

"You are the best friend I have ever got, and may be I don't get someone else like you in my life. You were there for me whenever I needed you, you helped me and cared for me a lot But now I fear that this does not remain a friendship any more. You are not considering me as a friend anymore, you can deny this by your words, but I can see it in all your activities. I should have stopped talking to you at that day itself. But I regret that I didn't do it. Yesterday you felt insecure that I was having coffee with John. Whatever you say I know that was the reason you left the canteen. I know you Harry, you are not talented in faking your feelings. And I am damn sure that I won't be able to love you as you loves me. I can't be your girlfriend or lover. So for our collective good, let's not talk any more. I didn't want to create a scene in the college, if you wanted to over react that's why we are here. There is nobody here only me, you and God, if you want to shout or slap do it. " She concluded

Harry was not able to answer anything, he heard everything and replied nothing. He had fallen from the heights of his expectations. Before some moments he was dreaming of Jane confessing her love and now everything has turned in opposite direction. Harry took a deep breath to  regain his consciousness and he started to speak.

"Jane you are just imagining things, we are best friends since 2 years and I haven't acted like I have special feelings for you. I don't have any feelings for you as you think. You are just doubting me and   my friendship, I behave like this to all of my friends. I am not possessive towards you" Harry tried to justify himself. Suddenly Jane intervened and said

"Harry do you still believe that I don't know what you did to me on last sports day"?

Harry was startled by hearing this

"What?? What did I do?? he mumbled

******************

WHAT DID YOU DO?? I asked him through my phone

DID YOU TRY TO MISBEHAVE WITH HER? I asked again

NO, I DID MUCH MORE THAN THAT. Harry replied

My mobile was heating up, and I started sweating when I heard what he did. Again my brain asked me 

"Why are you hearing this idiot"?

To be contd............

Comments