Skip to main content

THE BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN.......

CHAPTER- 2

Me and Harry are..........

Childhood friends, neighbors, classmates.......we are lot more than these. We shared everything including our secrets. And that's why he told me about Jane. I knew his feelings and emotions even before he told me about them. And I really felt at some phase that he is in love with Jane or he has fallen for her. But he never agreed to that. He always called her a friend and nothing more. And his repeated assurances made me believe that there was deep friendship between them and nothing else.
I still remember the day they met, fortunately or unfortunately I was supposed to witness their first meeting.

One day he came to my home in the morning and said he need my bike since his bike has ran out of petrol. This happens twice or thrice in a month, there are two things that Harry always ran out of, pocket money and petrol. On such days my bike will serve him as a master. He dropped me in my office and took my bike with him, he told me that he will pick me after his college but he never reached my office and his phone was switched off. I took a bus and reached his college which was en route our home. When I reached his college, I saw him with his friends in front of the college,they were talking with some girls. He was sitting on my bike and from their conversations I understood that the girls were junior girls and freshers of the college. When I walked towards him, he saw me and got off the bike and came running towards me. He said

 "Bro today it was our fresher's day, I forgot about you..Sorry"

Actually I felt enraged as he made me wait in front of my office and now he is saying that he forgot me even after keeping my bike with him. But I was supposed to control my anger and just said

"How could you be so irresponsible?"

He giggled and started to say something

"Bye senior" a voice called him from behind, when Harry turned around I saw a short girl with long hair, she wore a grey color shirt and jeans. But I felt that she didn't say that with her heart, there was some fear in her eyes. May be she said it to avoid future rough ragging sessions from the seniors. When she came near us Harry extended his hand and said

"I forgot your name"

She hesitatingly shook his hand and said "Jane"

Later one day when he was talking to me about Jane, he mentioned that, on that day they met and talked for the first time. Gradually that relationship grew into a friendship. Once I saw him rushing on his bike just to board her on the train and say a good bye. I felt doubtful and asked him "are you people in love"? He replied with at most confidence that they were just friends and he warned me that a boy and girl can be best friends without falling in a relationship? May be because my lack of knowledge, and lack of female friends, I always felt that if a girl and boy are this much close, then there are chances for them to fall in love. May be I should get out of my world of blogging, writing and legal laws, in order to attain some common sense in the field of relationships.

Till that day, I felt like this and now hearing his story reminded me these scenes. These were my limited knowledge about Harry and Jane. I never inquired about her or about their relationship after that day. Actually I felt pretty embarrassed that I mistook their friendship. But on that day I was authorized to question Harry. But before questioning he said me the whole story.

After the day of their first meeting Harry and his friends met with Jane and friends in a regular basis and in some days one of Harry's friend got into a relationship with Jane's friend. This thickened the bond between these two groups as friends. As we know, Harry became close to Jane and she also was comfortable with him since they shared similar tastes. Jane had several emotional problems like insecurities regarding her life, jealousy towards her friends, inferiority complex etc. She found Harry as a perfect person to share all her problems with. They talked for hours in cellphone and their chats were as frequent as that Harry even forgot to reply me and I had to call him to get a work done. But one day Jane told Harry that she is going to uninstall her whatsapp and she will not attend his calls anymore. This gave a shock to Harry, he tried to call her but she didn't respond to him. She blocked him in whatsapp and blocked his calls. That day Harry realized how much he got attached to Jane, there were no other people for Harry to chat, for six months he has been maintaining continuous chat and phone calls with a single person. His social life was revolving around Jane only. And that day when she kept herself disconnected from him for some time and he realized that he had fallen in love with Jane.

When he told me that he has even ignored my urgent messages and calls in order to chat and talk with Jane, I felt like hanging up the phone and never attending his calls. But I was also curious to know what happened between them.

On that night, Jane unblocked and called Harry and said that their relationship is not just friendship, she feels like that he is caring for her more than that of a friend and she is afraid that he is in love with her and she is not ready to accept that kind of love. On that night, Harry and Jane committed their first mistake in this relationship.

To be contd.......

Comments