Skip to main content

THE FLASHBACK

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN......

CHAPTER-10

“Is this your friend”? Alisha asked me

“Yes” I said and looked at Harry, he was staring at the floor and he asked me, “Where have you brought me bro?”

“What happened”? I asked, my instinct told me that there was something wrong between them.

Alisha sat her chair and asked us to sit down, both of us sat before her. She was looking at Harry sharply and she said me “so this is your friend, who has an emotional trauma right?”

“Yeah, but how do you know him?” I asked

“How long have you been friends?” she leaned forward on the table and asked me

“He doesn’t know anything” Harry intruded the conversation.

I looked at him, “There’s another secret!”  My brain started asking me questions.

“Oh right, then I will tell him” Alisha said and looked at me

“Do you know that your friend is a engineering drop out?” she asked

“Yeah, I know” I replied

“Then you should know why he dropped the course, do you?” she again asked

“He was not comfortable with subject I think” I replied

“May be that was a reason, but there was another reason also……..” She started narrating the story. 

As the story progressed I started to realize that MY FRIEND IS A LOOSER.

RD group of institutions was a big educational infrastructure with colleges and schools inside their compound. They had engineering departments, arts and science colleges, paramedical departments and so on under their management. Harry got admission in the Mechanical Engineering department. As I said before, his dream was to be like Tony Stark and build an Ironman suit. Alisha was a student in the Bsc Psychology department. As all of these institutes situated inside the same college campus, Harry used to see her many times a day. On that time also he had a crush kind of thing in his class. Her name as Nadhiya, they were thick friends and gradually my dearest friend fell for Nadhiya also.

When I heard this from Alisha, I looked at Harry and asked “Dude, what you are?  Are you that desperate to be in a relationship?” He didn’t answer

At the school time I knew that Harry was behind several girls and he handed over many love letters and some of them got caught. But I believed that he would have changed when he failed in the Pre-University course. So coming back to the story, one day he proposed Nadhiya but she rejected it and stopped talking with him. As we know, it is the usual drill to stop talking once the proposal is rejected. Here Harry was not that possessive as with Jane, but he tried to fall back into friendship with Nadhiya. At that time he figured out that Alisha is coming from his neighboring lane when they incidentally met in a park. But Alisha was a kind of introvert and she preferred to keep Harry in a distance since she doesn’t know more details about him. One day he got an opportunity to speak with Nadhiya when they went for an Engineering Fare. To convince her to be in friendship with him Harry said that he got committed with another girl and he does not have those feelings for Nadhiya now.  Nadhiya believed this but asked him about the girl and Harry said Alisha’s name as his girlfriend. When Nadhiya’s friends asked her why she was talking with Harry again, she said them that he got committed with another girl named Alisha. After some days Alisha came to know about this. Enraged by this false news she shouted at Harry publically and this was the reason why Harry preferred to change that college by dropping engineering.

Alisha concluded the story by saying “after that incident I have blocked him in all social medias and I avoided him whenever I saw him, but I never knew that he was your friend”

“So will you attend him or not, I asked

“For sure I will, I don’t keep grudges in my profession” she said

“Do you have any problem in attending her session” I asked him

“No I am fine” He answered

“Good” I said and I stood up to leave the room

“I will wait outside” I said and went outside

When I was outside I thought about him a lot. He was the best student of our school till high school, but gradually he lost his concentration in his studies. I warned him about this many times and asked him to get back to studies. The reason for this was a girl on whom he had a crush on. Then onwards I knew he was influenced by cinemas. But I never expected that he will be in this deep trouble. My tension mounted and I went outside the gate and lit a cigarette and started smoking. All my thoughts were about him. For unknown reasons I felt that I need to get him back to reality and make him a good person. If he had lied me this much and he had hidden secrets, then how much he might have kept from his parents I thought. After the cigarette finished, I went back. The session was not completed. I waited outside till the door opened. Once Harry came outside, I asked him what she said. He said that she wanted to see me. I went inside and sat before her.

She said,

“Harry is perfectly fine, he lacks an aim, motivation and confidence. That’s what he is trying to find in these girls. I have said him certain things, ask him to follow that strictly. And the next session will be after a week”

“Okay thank you” I said and stood up to leave

I went outside and saw Harry looking at his phone, I patted on his back and said “Come, let’s go”
He showed me his phone screen, I saw

“JANE CALLING”


To be contd……




Comments