Skip to main content

THE RESTARTING OF THE END

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN.......

CHAPTER- 8

On that day, after their meeting in front of the church, Jane and Harry returned to their college. But they didn't sit together. Harry was in the shock that Jane knew all the truths and he was thinking about more lies to be said to convince Jane to be with him. They reached the college and both of them didn't speak a word to each other. Harry took his bike and went home and Jane went to her class. That night Jane thought a lot about the relationship with Harry. A certain kind of guilt was crawling into her heart that she pained the one who loved her unconditionally. And at the same time Harry was watching "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" in his home and most probably he would have been planning to join army after the so calles "break up"

Actually I didn't know more about Jane, but after hearing Harry's side, I asked him to tell me more about Jane. And I insisted him to tell the truths only, he agreed and told me about Jane and her problems. Jane was the third child of a middle class family. Her father was businessman and his business loss has brought them down from high class to middle class. She have a brother and a sister elder than her. And both are studying for MBBS in AIIMS. The main problems faced by Jane was the inferiority complex that she was not better as her siblings. Her parents, through some comparisons and all, made her feel like that from childhood itself. She wanted to be better than her siblings, so she worked hard to overtake them in studies but she was not that lucky to get admission into the AIIMS and she ended up in pursuing a normal degree. All she wanted was approval, not only from her parents but also from everyone. She never liked getting questioned or getting teased before others. She hated criticisms and that's why she get to be friends with Harry. He was like her puppet, he did whatever she wanted without questioning her, he heard whatever she said and made her feel comfortable through his words, he never criticized her and whenever she bullied him and left him, he always went in search of her. But when she came to know that he is not a puppet and he tried to control her activities, she felt offended and that's why she left his friendship. 

What I understood is that, she never wanted a friend, a friend is a human who has conscience and will correct you if you are on the wrong side. All she wanted was someone who acts only as she wants. This is the same thing Harry also wanted, he wanted a girl who will speak with him only, will always be on his side and support him. This is not gonna happen in any of our lives. No one can be the slave of other, everyone has their own rights and wrongs and the balance of two different kind of thoughts puts the base for a good and sustaining relationship. There is only a thin line of separation between love and slavery. The thin line is a question "do we have the right to choose?". If we do not have the right to choose, then it is not love. Here Jane didn't have the right to choose another friend and Harry didn't had the right to disclose what he really felt on Jane's activities. Whenever she blamed him for no reasons, he suppressed his anger on the fear that she will go away. And at the end they were parted away. All these acting went in vane. My point is, the one who acts according to your command is not a friend, it will be a robot. So never expect someone to live according to your policies. They will have their own and you have your. And the balance between the policies will form a beautiful friendship, family, and every kind of relationships.

Coming back to the story, Soon Jane realized that none of her friends can replace Harry and on that realization after two weeks she called Harry and said him that she needed him just as a friend and nothing more. I would strictly stick to the opinion that "if she left him at the first attempt, it would have been better for both of them". When she came back our very "humble hero" was so happy to accept her back as a friend. He told me that he thought " she will sense my love as Anushka  Sharma realised in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi". I felt like laughing out loud on hearing this. But I whispered "idiots....doesn't know the difference between reality and fiction". She wanted some one to approve her right all the time and to put all her pressure and frustration on. Harry wanted to feel special and wanted by some female person. Now I am getting to know what his real problem was. Again months passed, Jane always searched for a friend to replace Harry, in a fear that he might propose her  and Harry always tried to do his best not to get "fired" from the friend job of Jane and looking for an opportunity to propose her and make her fall for him. At the end what happened was that, Jane found a new friend in her class itself, another lone wolf who didn't had any friends in that class. Her name was Poornima. Jane and Poornima was classmates, and these two didn't had any friends due to their characters. Jane needed a friend to replace Harry and Poornima needed someone to call a friend. Gradually that friendship grew and Jane felt that now she can leave Harry's friendship. And on that special day, she called Harry and said 

"I don't think that you have changed or there is a chance for you to change. Still you are acting possessive with me and your acting of friendship with me has fueled a rumor that we are in love. So I can't take anymore of this. I think its better that we won't speak anymore"

Harry tried to convince her and he believed that she will call back. He waited for a week, it was the time of his final exams. When he went for the first exam he tried to meet Jane but she avoided him and didn't let him speak. And that's the day he called me and told all these stories. It was nearly midnight when he hanged up the phone. Thanks BSNL for giving me unlimited talk time. He was planning not to attend his exams since he cannot see her avoiding him. I asked him when was his exam and came to know that it was after three days. I asked him to sleep for that night and will meet him the next day. I laid on my bed thinking of the whole story and what to do as a next step. I can't let my friend ruin for a girl, who is a kind of psycho and unstable. I wanted my best friend to know what real love meant. I knew that my friend will be watching "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" repeatedly and dreaming of Jane coming back by knowing that he is waiting for her, but I knew this not going to happen. 

My phone rang, and it showed "Alisha Calling" on screen. I picked the call, at least I got someone to take an expert opinion on what to do with my "filmy heroic best friend".

"Hey doctor, you called on the right time" I said

To be contd........   

Comments