Skip to main content

THE NEW FRIEND

THE NEW GIRL WHO CAME IN.....

CHAPTER-9

Alisha was an Engineer and a Doctor!

Surprised? Just Joking, she was a clinical psychologist and a Ph.D student. She was so brilliant that she will get the doctorate and that,s why I used to call her Doctor. Once she told me that "the job of a psychologist equals the jobs of doctors and engineers, a psychologist cures minds and constructs new thoughts in a mind". That was right, she was so brilliant in her job. By meeting Alisha, I found that friendships does not need the foundation of years of familiarity. What it needs is the likeness of minds and to understand one another. And by saying this, I should say that she was not my girlfriend. She was my friend and a great personality. And by meeting her I figured that, there are girls who can stay single and never fall in love. She was so focused about her goals and once she said that "love is not something that we should chase, it should come to us then only it will stay". I was a huge fan of her philosophical definitions and interpretations. We met at a psychology seminar, even though I was a lawyer, I loved psychology and that's why I attended the seminar. She presented a paper on criminal psychology and it was pretty impressive. I met her after the seminar and discussed a lot about the subject. She gave me her card on that day, actually I asked for that. And I suggested her for my friends who needed a psychological assistance. And gradually we became friends and then we are close friends. What I found as the best quality in her was that, she never intruded in my privacy as a best friend, on never insisted to know a secret and neither did I. There were a perfect distance maintained between us. And that kept us the best friends. On that night, after hearing Harry's story when she called me, I asked her for a session on next day. She gave me an appointment for evening. 

"Are you free tomorrow"? Alisha asked me on phone.

"No, I will be free only after 12" I replied

"What happened?" I asked

"Nothing special, my friend wanted to meet you. She want to file a suit against her husband for divorce"

"What happened, didn't your counselling sessions work?" I asked teasingly 

"No it didn't, the husband is a person with serious trust issues, it cannot be cured that easily. He enjoys that mental state and he does not want to be cured. So I suggested a divorce. Actually she is a friend from my childhood and her marriage was a love marriage"

Suddenly I thought, if Harry married Jane, then this would have happened to them also. I agreed to meet Alisha on the next day.

The next day afternoon we met in a cafe in my office. I heard my client and I took up her case. She asked me whether I can add some more allegations in order to imprison her husband. As a reply I asked her 

"Alisha told me that your's was a love marriage, now you are wanting to seek revenge on him by putting him in jail. Why?"

She looked at Alisha and back to me.

"I obeyed him always when we were in a relationship, he never liked my friends and especially my boy classmates and I never used to talk about them to him. He shed all his anger over me for no reasons. On that age I believed that by loving him more I can change him. But even after our marriage the problems were doubled, he wanted me to stay in home and he asked me to resign my job and when I denied he suspected me for an affair in my office and......"

"Okay....." I intruded

But she continued "Sir, love is not about surrendering your happiness, it is sharing your happiness with each other". There was silence between us and I asked her to give the details with my clerk. I called Alisha and went outside the office. Her friend was watching us through the glass door of my office, may be she thinks that we were discussing about her.

"A much similar case like your friend is going to meet you this evening" I said.

"Then you should prepare another suit for divorce" she replied.

"No.. No.. they are not married"

I said the whole story of Harry and Jane in a nutshell and after listening to this Alisha said

"Now a days we have prejudice about romantic relationships, we don't let the fruit ripe naturally, we just inject it and make it loose its natural taste. I can't say whether your client is gonna stay or not, if he is such a filmy character. I will give a try" 

I took a deep breath and said Okay. After completing the clerical works her friend came out and they went home. On that evening I called Harry, when he picked up the call I was able to hear "Channa Mereya" song playing in the background. He asked me, why didn't I meet him in the morning as I promised. I said him about the busy day and asked him to get ready to go for a drive. He agreed with reluctance. I picked him from his home and went to Alisha's home, she had her clinic in her home. When he saw the name board of Alisha, he asked me why are we here? When I said him about the counselling session, he actually blasted on me like an atom bomb.

"Do you think that I am mad? I thought you were my friend and you brought me here to put me in chain as mental patient you moron" he shouted at me. 

"This not something like you think....." he didn't let me finish he got off the bike and started walking away. I put my bike on stand and chased him and asked him to stop but he didn't. I held his hand and pulled him back and pushed him towards the wall and said.

"See Harry, if you believe this or not, I don't mind. I want you to be successful in your life. You are the elder son if your family and you are such an irresponsible person who is not at all bothered about his duties. Your parents still hope that you will be responsible one day and you will support them. And you my friend, you are ruining your life behind a foolish girl, who used you and left you. So if you really want me to help you, we will go inside otherwise I will let you go back, but don't ever call me for any help" I took my hand off

Harry put his shirt neatly and he said

"I will come, but if it doesn't work for me today, I will not come here any more" 

I agreed with him and we went inside the clinic. I entered the consulting room and greeted Alisha with a smile. He is the man I said, Harry entered behind me. When Alisha saw the face of Harry she stood up from the chair 

"HIM......" She asked both in anger and surprise

"Oh Shit..." Harry exclaimed...

"What the hell...." I thought

To be contd.......      

Comments